SEABROOK SAYS: Remember all of the good stuff as we all work to solve our problems.
Ask Yourself: Can Gaston get the big things done?
We have many critical issues that need our attention. Here are a few:
- Greater access to Charlotte
- More jobs that our people can handle
- Better education so more are qualified for better jobs
- Attack poverty and keep poverty from draining us dry
- Some houses of worship consistently make huge contributions, others offer very little engagement beyond trying to take care of their own
Here are good and big things happening now:
- More than 30 churches and many volunteers are active with the Back Pack food program
- Community leadership will get better at multiple levels
- Completing the Loray Mill project
- Created, built and are operating the Highland School of Technology
- Decreased teen pregnancy ratemore than 30%
- Became an All American City – twice
- Unemployment rate dropped to 5% after loosing our textile industry
- High school graduation rate has become much higher, the dropout rate much lower
- 19,000 students are now attending Gaston College
- Greater Gaston Development Corporation is actively helping Gaston County grow and finding jobs
All of us must continuously improve in all that we do!
Are you supportive of the changes needed?